×
WHY "BLENDING" IS DIFFICULT FOR YOU

WHY "BLENDING" IS DIFFICULT FOR YOU

 


The problem isn’t that you don’t know how to blend, it’s that you don’t know how to innovate. 

Okay, so I'll admit this post isn't about blending but more so about the misconception most artists make in believing that in order to pursue art you must be a perfect painter and that that requires them knowing how to blend.  From what I see, most of you believe that this  is the only key you need to solidify your position as an artist.

I'm here to say, you're wrong.

As an artist, it’s important to know that how you see a thing matters.  In my years of being an artist, I observed that the most pressing issue for new paint babes was the issue of blending.  

When I'd search these babes beyond a Youtube or Instagram comment that proclaimed their need, I'd view their work and realized that they were in no way prepared to jump that far ahead into learning the skill. 

Look, I get it, you’re concerned with selling and somehow believe that painting perfectly will make this happen for you.  

But sis, you just made your first mistake.   You can't even draw! 

"ARTISTIC COMPARISION WILL ROB YOU OF YOUR OWN ARTISTIC ORIGINALITY" - thebossyartist

Now, if you just want to learn how to blend for skill of it, then this post isn’t for you.  I have something for you though. 

Go here to learn.

But if we're talking about really wanting to make an impact with your art? Keep reading.

I’m not sure if you noticed but the art that is selling like hot cakes these days doesn’t require paint, canvas, or blending.  

Digital art is KILLING THE GAME if you haven't noticed and all it requires is one single tool.


A stylus pen.  That simple, no mess tool is behind the trendy muted paintings of black women’s faces, in pose, etc.  we literally see EVERYWHERE.

Why do I bring this up? 

I’m not saying that you need to create like this, I’m saying that you need to think differently about how you can get to the end result, artistic success, without stressing yourself on what you think is the proper path...i.e. the semantics of painting.

When I see new artists who desire to paint in typical fashion,  all I really see if someone who hasn’t studied art.  I question why one would want to create in the same manner as everyone else when history has shown us that those who were impactful did it their own way.   

Hell, the reason I developed my Faux-Realist Abstract style of sketching is because I knew that as a portrait artist, I wanted to express the drawn portrait differently.  My goal was to NOT do it like everyone else because I quickly understood that it would make it harder for me to stand out. I want people to remember my work just like you do.

 Stop looking at what others are doing, venturing out onto copycat highway and take some time to develop YOUR painting style. 

Discover your "DIFFERENCE".  

You may say to HELL with blending when it's all said and done. 

Thoughts? 

xoxo 

Farrah

 

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © The Bossy Artist CREATED BY ThemeShine