×
HOW TO MAKE  A SHITLOAD IN A FEW HOURS WITH YOUR ART

HOW TO MAKE A SHITLOAD IN A FEW HOURS WITH YOUR ART

 

 


 

 

Don't stress about whether or not you can make money with your art. 

It's possible. 

The first independent art show I held years ago yielded me a nice sum of money, $700 to be exact in just a few short hours...two. 

Here's how I did it. 

1. BECOME THE ARTIST YOU SAY YOU ARE

When you start as an artist, be sure to be consistent and post daily so people will start to believe that you're the artist you say you are. 

The benefit of being committed to the idea of being an artist is that you'll slowly but surely get better and better in skill and confidence. Stay with it.  Practice, practice, practice.

Once you've established your "rep" as a decent artist,  build on that momentum and start thinking about hosting your own art show. 

My suggestion: Create a minimum of 20 works of art. 

2. INVEST IN A PRINTER (or some way to multiply your art)

Investing in a good printer was one of the ways I was able to maximize my sales for my first show.  Why? 

I made prints.  I offered more affordable options for attendees to collect art beyond my originals. There were plenty of copies available for purchase

3. MIX UP YOUR PRICING

To be honest I didn't even calculate my margins and therefore really didn't know what my profits were for the first show. 

So figure that out first. Tally up every dime you spend and every dime you project to spend.

Once you do, take that number and determine how much you need to sell to make that back and then some. 

Note: You wanna price your art in a manner that is attainable for anyone. Go low AND go high. 

4. FIND A VENUE

Luckily I had the option to host my first solo art show at a friend’s brick and mortar business.  I realize this is an anomaly, so if you don't have a friend with a brick and mortar business or a hook up, try conducting a search for garage rentals in your city. 

Peerspace is a site that lists available garages for rent just for occasions like this.

5. PROMOTE THE HELL OUT OF YOUR SHOW

As artists, it can be hard to pat ourselves on the back.  Especially if we're taking the independent, nobody knows who the hell we are route. 

Have no fear and go forth. 

This kind of ties into number one because as you stay consistent with creating, you should also be consistent with showing off your work.  The more you do, the more you prove. 

 

That's it. Do it, See what happens.

xoxo - Farrah .


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © The Bossy Artist CREATED BY ThemeShine